Mexican Meatloaf
Serves: 6
I had a lifelong aversion to meatloaf up until the past couple years. My mom used to make it when I was younger and I hated it. Actually, I hated most foods being the picky kid I was, but meatloaf I loathed. Even the name sounded gross to me.
ingredients:
- 2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can green chilies (127ml)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup crushed tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup salsa + 1/2 cup salsa
instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, tortillas, cheese, 2/3 cup salsa, eggs, taco seasoning and green chilies. With your clean hands, combine the mixture until everything is mixed together well.
- Add meat to a loaf pan. Place on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 1 to 1 hour 10 minutes, or until meat is cooked. Use a meat thermometer to check.
- Remove from oven and let cook for a few minutes before flipping over onto a serving platter. Spread 1/2 cup salsa and green onions on top. Serve hot.
Labels: baking classes, college cooking, culinary, culinary school.;cooking school, culinary.;cooking school, recipes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home